What does a career at Stroud look like?
At Stroud, our people are our greatest asset. Coming from a variety of backgrounds, each Stroudie brings something different to the dynamic, driven, energetic and fun-filled culture we foster. We are always looking for new candidates looking to rapidly accelerate their career with Stroud, where success is defined by results, not face-time.
Working for Stroud is challenging, meaningful, and rewarding. You are encouraged and supported to continuously learn and develop everything from your analytical skills to your business and leadership acumen. As a member of our team, you are given responsibility to work face-to-face with senior clients within days of joining. Does Stroud sound like it would be a great place for you to start or continue your career? Take a moment to review the Stroud Career Path and determine if Stroud is the right fit for you.
WHAT IS CONSULTING, AND WHERE DOES STROUD FIT IN?
Watch a short video to discover more about consulting, from our perspective:
What Do We Look For in Candidates?
When searching for exceptional people to be a part of the Stroud team, we look for candidates who possess the below attributes in abundance:
- Bias for action: Our business is all about working with our clients to achieve outstanding results. We are looking for driven individuals who relish a challenge and want to make things happen.
- Problem-solving ability: We seek practical, logical minds who can bring clarity and simplicity to technically complicated problems. Although it’s not a requirement, most of our people have technical backgrounds.
- Energy and enthusiasm: We’re looking for dynamos, people who bring energy and fun to any team they work with.
- Tenacity: Tough problems bring with them obstacles. You’ll need the resilience and determination to overcome these and achieve your goals.
- Ambition: We are looking for driven individuals with exceptional motivation, people who will develop quickly and drive our business.
- Leadership potential: Our work is all about working in and leading client teams. We want people with the potential to become great leaders.
- Languages: Fluent English is essential. For the UK office, other European languages are very desirable, but not essential.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Undergraduate and Graduate Students: We believe in giving even our newest hires early responsibility and the chance to influence the direction of our company. Within the first few weeks, you will make a significant difference to your clients, not through spreadsheets and presentations, but through real meaningful results. If you are graduating or have recently graduated from university, you should review the role of Associate at Stroud.
- MBA Candidates: Stroud is always on the seeking exceptional candidates who can bring a different perspective to our business. We want you to apply your education to solve real business problems for our clients. MBA candidates typically join us as Senior Associates and use their unique experience to fast track to the Project Lead role.
- Currently Employed Professionals: We hire professionals who are looking for an environment where they can achieve great things. We want you to leverage your individual experience to drive meaningful change in our clients’ organizations. We are currently looking for senior leaders to join our team, and will work together during the interview process to determine the best fit for you at Stroud based on your background.
The Stroud Career Path
Associates are typically individuals who have just finished his/her undergraduate degree, and is where most Stroudies start their career. At Stroud, Associates are not behind the scenes analysts but are an integral part of a client team and have responsibility for well-defined objectives. With the guidance of your project leader, you will learn to lead teams, apply structured methods to solve problems, and further develop your communication ability. You will rely on your interpersonal skills to interact with team members and together get great results. Within your first 100 days, you will have three weeks of classroom training and intensive on the job coaching whilst you succeed in your first client project. As you develop into the role you will quickly earn the freedom and trust to take on a bigger and bigger part of the project.
As a Senior Associate, you will have responsibility for a specific project and will be the primary contact with clients on your team. You will increase your understanding of how to drive sustainable change and will have started to build a network of client people who respect your work. Senior Associates have a track record of leading client teams that achieve significant results and your teams will have a major impact on the success of the overall engagement.
As you progress to the role of Project Lead, your role in the engagements you take on will become larger and more complex. A Principal or Partner will help you set the direction and strategy for the engagement, but you will be responsible for the execution. Senior Associates will be working full time on your team, and you will have the responsibility of ensuring that they are successful in their client engagements and are being developed to their full potential.
Engagement Leads are responsible for delivering some of our largest and most complex projects and will often lead a team of Associates and Senior Associates across many sites. At this stage of your career, you will normally be working with more than one client at any time. As you approach your transition to Principal you will start to take on the responsibility for developing the Stroud business.
By this stage of your career you will have developed an extensive network of people (clients, colleagues, alumni) who value the thought leadership you can provide. These relationships will form the basis of your client work and you will be a significant contributor to the growth of Stroud. You will guide project teams to deliver exceptional results for the client and your engagements will have migrated from tactical opportunities to more strategic long term issues. You will play an extensive role in all areas of Stroud’s business development.
The Partners are responsible for taking forward all aspects of the business and remain at the forefront of our client work. You will have an extensive network of people that look to you for help and will be accountable for a significant proportion of Stroud’s revenue. You will have a track record of helping business leaders transform organizations. The Partners form the strategic direction and the future of Stroud and their thought leadership extends beyond local offices to our broader worldwide business.
Meet the Leadership Team to discover who drives Stroud’s strategic vision.